Why make it hard on yourself? Call us now and book a session to get your licence ASAP!
The marine licence course runs over a single 4 hour session. You'll be taught everything you need to know to become a safe Victorian boater.
A marine licence is commonly known as a boat licence. To be clear, the correct terminology is a 'marine' licence as this is what you will be issued when you go to VicRoads.
Before You Attend
You must book your spot by giving us a call. Be sure to do this prior to the course date so we can get you into your preferred course. We'll inform all booked students that they must study the Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook prior to attending.
When You Attend
Make sure everyone who's attending has sufficient Evidence Of Identity (EOI) on them. This is a requirement for the course. See below for further details. Ensure you arrive around 10-15 minutes early so we can do the paperwork.
After You Attend
Upon successful completion, we give you paperwork which qualifies you to get a marine licence. Take this to VicRoads to purchase your licence. Now you can go boating!
There is a multiple choice assessment within the course. To assist you, we'll provide pre-course study material upon booking so you can be well prepared. Furthermore, we have a free copy of the Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook available for download below.
From time to time people may be required to retest we will do this free of charge and on the same day. After this, if further training and assessment are required, we may give you an invitation to return. This would be without repaying the course fees, however a small retest fee may be applicable.
Once you reserve your seat in any given class, you are securing a space and others may be denied the opportunity to attend. Consequently, we reserve the right to refuse your rescheduling to another class. Boating Licence Course also reserves the right to reschedule any given class due to circumstances beyond our control. If we must reschedule a class, you’ll be given the opportunity to attend any class given by us within 1 year or to a full refund.
All sales are final. In the event that you cannot attend the course, refunds are not available.
Click here for a full download of the Victorian Boating Safety Handbook (2018)
- Discounted Super Saver - $190 - The Discounted Super Saver ticket represents amazing value! A few of these are released for every course but are extremely limited. You must request and confirm this option at time of booking.
- Discounted - $280 - Available only if the Super Savers have sold out, these tickets will also help you get a discount. You must request and confirm this option at time of booking.
- General Admission - $320 - These are available for every course or until the class has sold out. Available only if the Super Savers & Discounted tickets have sold out, these tickets include a free rescheduling element, meaning if you can't make your course, you can use this ticket to attend another class at another date. This ticket will be allocated automatically if the other tickets are not requested at time of booking.
- PWC (Jet Ski) Discounted Super Saver - $100 - Like its marine licence equivalent, a few of these are released for every course but are extremely limited. You must request and confirm this option at time of booking and they must be booked in conjunction with any of the marine licence course tickets listed above.
- PWC (Jet Ski) Discounted - $150 - Available only if the PWC Super Savers have sold out, these tickets will also help you get a discount. You must request and confirm this option at time of booking
- PWC (jet Ski) Standard Ticket - $190 - Available for PWC only attendees who already have their marine licence. This ticket will be allocated if neither discounted PWC ticket is requested at time of booking. It includes a rescheduling option, free of charge.
Evidence Of Identity
Each individual sitting the safe boating course MUST provide Evidence Of Identity (EOI). A valid Australian drivers licence is acceptable. Other EOI may also be acceptable, call or email us for details. With original EOI documents, photocopies of EOI documents are acceptable but only if a Justice of the Peace (JP) certifies that they have sighted the originals and the copies are also certified by the JP.
You can make a complaint via email at email@example.com
You have not been charged any GST, There is no GST within our fee
Pursuant to regulation 30 of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Vic) the following persons are not eligible to apply for a marine licence:
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a marine licence, during the period of that disqualification
- A person who is the holder of a marine licence that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a licence or other authority to be the master of or to operate a recreational vessel under
- (i) the law of another State or Territory, or
- (ii) the law of another country,
in circumstances which, if they occurred in Victoria, would have resulted in the person being disqualified from obtaining a marine licence in Victoria
- A person who is the holder of a licence or other authority to operate a recreational vessel issued by another State or Territory that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension
- Persons aged under 16 years of age are not eligible to obtain a personal watercraft endorsement
Applicants should also note that they will be required to meet the health requirements for operating a car, motorcycle or boat and this may include further testing where appropriate.
Sailingworld pty ltd Registered as # 91229 who is trading as Boating Licence Course are grateful for your business. Your course is based upon the national syllabus of boating education designed to prevent boating incidents and save lives. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) registered by the National Vocational Education with the exerciser being Australian Skills Quality Authority. The package you have purchased & are now being supplied consists of the following five units:
- MEM50008B - Carry out trip preparation and planning
- MEM50009B - Safely operate a mechanically powered recreational boat
- MEM50010B - Respond to boating emergencies and incidents
- SISOPWC201A - Select and maintain a personal water craft (if doing PWC)
- SISOPWC202A - Demonstrate simple personal water craft skills in controlled conditions (if doing PWC)
This is a great package as you are being supplied and trained in all the five units above.